Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Welcome!



Both sides of my family have lived in Tennessee for generations. Despite the fact that my parents moved away from Tennessee when they married, and I grew up elsewhere, I have somehow ended up being a repository of Tennessee history. I visited my Tennessee relatives throughout my childhood, and they passed along family and state lore.

Then, wouldn't you know it, life brought my husband and myself, along with our children, to live in Nashville and Memphis. Truly, I didn't see that one coming! But, I love living in the Volunteer State, and I love to share little stories and facts about Tennessee that I've learned along the way.

Additionally, my mother's clan, the Cathey family, is one that is full of amateur genealogists and has been heavily researched. I have lots of family books and papers, which I hope to share with any other Cathey descendants out there. Plus, I may share a few things about the various other branches of my family. I share it partly for my children's sake, but also for anyone else who is interested. Obviously, our family history is bound up in the state's history, along with the histories of Scotland, Ireland, Wales, North Carolina, and Texas, among other places.

Despite being interested in all of this history and in spite of having some fascinating research materials on hand, I'm by no means an expert. So, if you'd like to contribute to this little store of Tennessee or Cathey knowledge, please leave a comment on any post.

You are welcome to use any of this information for personal use, including for elementary or high school assignments or for home school assignments. Since I am not an expert historian, however, I would suggest that you supplement anything you find here with your own research. If you wish to use this material for any other reason, please contact me. I know all you Catheys out there have a lot to contribute!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment